Get ready for the FIRST Edition of the
“I Self Law Am Master: Grow Academy”
Featuring Master Grower Ken “Hawk” Day El and Joey Maakheru Dawkins
We are honored to have Master Grower Ken “Hawk” Day lead our very 1st I Self Law Am Master Grow Academy.
Ken “Hawk” Day El is one of the first cannabis business owners to legally do cannabis research in the States of Michigan and Kentucky, the leading states in hemp research and development. He has developed and manufactured over 100 CBD products, making him a pioneer and major player in early hemp/CBD legislations and standards.
Master Grower Ken “Hawk” Day El and Joey Maakheru Dawkins Grow Class will include:
- The first course will be an overview of the different types of cannabis found naturally, the life cycle of the plant, cloning your plants, and deciding which seeds work best for you. We will also be discussing the light cycle for flowering cannabis, as well as the length of time needed for your plants to produce a bountiful yield.
- The 2nd course will cover the different operations involved in cultivation including the following: cultivation, drying, packaging, disposal, and transportation. We will go over the different facility requirements and the state regulations of cannabis cultivation. We will also discuss the pros and cons of different grow mediums and growing methods.
- The 3rd course will focus on all aspects of the harvest. We will discuss the harvest time window, trimming, drying, and the importance of curing your flowers. We’ll review the different techniques for checking the ripeness of your flowers so that you can harvest at your plant’s peak potency. Our students will also learn the additional benefits of properly drying and curing cannabis to create a connoisseur grade end product that burns evenly with maximum flavor and optimum smoothness.
- Our Security course will go over key aspects for ensuring that your facility is operating securely with recording and seed to sale tracking systems. We will describe the different facility security requirements for cultivation. We will be covering inventory management and tracking, record keeping, theft and diversion prevention, as well vault storage considerations.
- The 5th course will go into detail covering product safety, and all aspects of quality control. We will be covering product labeling on the package and the requirements for edibles and combustible products. Another key topic will be potency analysis, and how to determine a plant’s thc levels. Learn the difference between thc and thca, and how decarboxylation converts canabinoids to be psychoactive. Quality assurance reviews, lab testing, and test result procedures will also be discussed in detail.
- The 6th course will be covering your cannabis cultivation organization, and the many different positions and roles encompassing the business. We will go over the different organization titles, and the essential duties and responsibilities of the different cultivation and extraction positions. Every role from technicians and trimmers, to managers and directors will be covered.
- Our growing regulations course will review the different regulations that cannabis cultivators mist abide by if operating publicly. We will focus on the different requirements for the facility, identification regulations for employees and organization members, and record keeping and maintaining records for all sales and other financial transactions. We’ll also go over the requirement for keeping a record for all crops grown at the facility. Pesticide use, water application, hvac and lighting regulations will also be covered in this course, as well as a guideline for recycling.
- Our Nutrient and PH class will go over the required nutrients and minerals needed to cultivate cannabis. We’ll teach you how to spot nutrient deficiencies as well as excesses. Learn how to properly water your plants to maximize yield sustainably. Learn the importance of each required nutrient and how to properly dose them without compromising your plant’s health, or end product. Nutrient systems, primary nutrients, and the importance of secondary nutrients will also be a topic of discussion. Last but certainly not least, we’ll teach you how to master your water and ph levels to ensure a healthy crop every time.
Classes begin Jan 18th 8pm EST, Tuesdays & Thursdays – 6 week session.
NOTE: Academy enrollment is non-refundable.